Empire Code (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.empirecode.co/ website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with your data.
Information Collection And Use – Types of Data Collected
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
1. First name and last name
2. Email address
3. Telephone and/or mobile number
4. Date of Birth
5. Home address, ZIP/postal code, City, Country
6. Cookies and Usage Data
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (I.P.) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data
Empire Code uses collected data for various purposes:
1. To provide customer care and support
2. To provide and maintain the Service
3. To notify you about changes to our Service
4. To monitor the usage of the Service
5. To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
6. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
7. To detect, prevent and address technical issues
8. To provide, operate and administer our products and services, or to process applications for our entities’ products and services, business or financial transactions, and to maintain service quality levels and train staff
9. To provide product-related services and support, including the provision of administrative support, technical assistance and customer alerts
10. To facilitate operational processes including but not limited to student profile assessments, class and student management, payment administration and statistical analysis
11. To maintain accurate client information and enable customised experiences that meet your preferences and needs
12. To manage our relationship with you, which may include providing information on our entities’ products and services, where specifically consented to or where permissible under applicable laws and regulations
13. Sending you marketing information about our services, including but not limited to cross-marketing between Empire Code’s entities and notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions
14. For use in promotional and marketing material distributed by us, whether online or offline, including but not limited to posts on social media, print or electronic copies of newsletters and brochures, promotional video advertisements and print advertisements
15. To facilitate product development and service refinements via customer feedback, data analysis and market research
16. To perform internal management, to operate management information systems, to carry out and enable internal and external audits
17. To monitor and record calls and electronic communications with clients for record-keeping, quality control, training and case investigations
18. To enforce or defend the rights of Empire Code Education and our entities, its employees, officers and directors
19. To comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority
20. For safety, legal and regulatory compliance; and
21. Any other incidental business purpose related to or in connection with the above.
You may submit a request to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us in writing, via mail or email.
Do note, in many circumstances, we need to use your Personal Data in order for us to provide you with products or services which you require or have requested. If you do not provide us with the required Personal Data, or if you do not accept this Policy (or any amendments thereto) or withdraw your consent to our use and/or disclosure of your personal data for these purposes, it may not be possible for us to continue to serve you or provide you with the products and services that you require or have requested.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Singapore and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Singapore and process it in Singapore.
Disclosure of Data
Empire Code may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
1. To comply with a legal obligation
2. To protect and defend the rights or property of Empire Code
3. To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
4. To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
5. To protect against legal liability
Photography and Videography
Please note that photographs and/or videos may be taken during classes or events for educational, training and marketing purposes. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before commencement of any courses if you and/or your child wish to opt out.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the third party’s content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable in any event for any special, exemplary, punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind or for any loss of reputation or goodwill, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, strict liability, statute or otherwise, suffered as a result of unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure of your personal data.
This Policy is governed by the laws of Singapore. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore in any dispute relating to this Policy.